Resting time: 1 hour
Baking time: 30 minutes
- 100g Manchego cheese
- 150g cooking chorizo
- 450g strong bread flour
- 50g fine polenta or semolina
- 2 tsps sea salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 20g fresh yeast (or 2tsp dried yeast)
- 275ml water
- 75ml full fat milk
- Semolina for dusting
- Lurpak Slow Churned Butter for serving
- Grate the cheese and dice the chorizo.
- Mix the flour, polenta or semolina, honey, sea salt, yeast, water and milk to make the dough. Then add the cheese and chorizo and fold into the dough. Leave to rest for an hour.
- Lightly dust your work surface and turn out the dough onto it. Turn the dough over and dust with semolina. Roll out gently to a thickness of about 2cm. Use a 10-12cm cutter to cut out the muffins.
- Place a griddle or flat frying pan over a medium heat. Oil the pan and add the muffin circles making sure not to crowd them in the pan – make them in batches. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- To serve, slice in half and spread generously with the butter.